The most ways to earn college credit
You can design a program that is customized to how you learn because NDA has more ways to earn college credit than any other school in northwest Ohio:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma is a two-year, college-level curriculum program for juniors and seniors recognized by colleges and universities both nationally and internationally.Students will take 6 core college level courses, an Extended essay (4,000 words), Theory of Knowledge course and Creativity, Action, Service (CAS) project
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Course is a two year college level curriculum for juniors and seniors who want to take IB only in particular subjects. NDA students who do not select IB Diploma often take a mix of college credit courses.
- Advanced Placement (AP) are college-level classes that conclude with a test taken in the spring.
- College Credit Plus (CCP) allows Ohio students in grades 7-12 to participate in early college course options. Click here for details about College Credit Plus at NDA.
- Lourdes Scholars are dual enrollment courses taught on campus by NDA teachers approved by Lourdes University.
Our full course catalog can be found at NDA Course Catalog 2020-21 or under the Policies tab on the Notre Dame Academy’s mobile app, available from the App Store or Google Play or by clicking here. For program-specific information, contact IB and International Student Coordinator Angie Joseph (email@example.com) about IB or Career Counselor Anastasia Desmond (firstname.lastname@example.org) about CCP or Lourdes Scholars.
Our schedule is designed around how you learn
You’ll have more time to complete homework and ask the teacher questions.
Each class meets every other day.
You’ll be ready to learn.
Every day has Mid-morning Student Flex Time where you can ask teachers questions or get a snack, or be with your friends.
AP or IB material will be fresh in your mind.
All college credit classes meet for the full academic year.
You’ll have time to catch up with your friends.
All students have the same lunch.
Classes have deeper discussions.
Classes are 79 minutes long.
You’ll begin the day organized and ready to learn.
Each morning has 10 minutes set aside to get organized.
Wednesdays start 30 minutes later than other days.
Teachers use Wednesday mornings for professional development, so you get to sleep in.
For details on our schedule, download the Notre Dame Academy mobile app from the App Store or Google Play.